Monday, April 18, 2011

New Bag

This weekend my parents unexpectedly picked up the boys and wanted to spend some time with them.  I hardly knew what to do with myself...but it didn't take me long to find something.

I bought this pattern for a measly $7 a few weeks ago here on Noodlehead, but didn't think I would make it for awhile.  So, with all this extra time on my hands, I decided I would just cut out the pattern.

I had some really cool navy and white home decorator fabric that I bought months ago and have been wanting to use.  I also had some nice black and cream polka dot cotton that I bought on a whim.

After cutting out the outside pieces, lining pieces, and interfacing, I decided to keep going.  And before I knew it, I was done!


I wasn't sure how these would look together, but I like how it came out.  This bag took me about 2 1/2 hours to make.  The most time consuming (and my least favorite) part was cutting out the pieces.



I've been seeing versions of this tote all over the place.  I like this pattern because it has step by step directions with lots of color pictures, it's fast, and you can choose any fabric combination that suits you.




When I make this bag again, and I will, the only thing I will do different is to use a heavier interfacing so the bag has a better shape.  I used Pellon SF101 because it's what I had on hand.  Next time I will use fusible fleece.

No comments:

Post a Comment