Friday, April 22, 2011

20 Minute Cookies



I grabbed a funfetti cake mix at the grocery store thinking I would use it to make cookies for church for Easter.  It turns out, I don't need to take any to church, but I went ahead and made these anyway.  I don't really like using mixes for baking, because really, it's not that hard to bake from scratch.  But sometimes I break my own rules and this is one of those times.

These take about 3 minutes to mix, and 15 minutes to bake, so they are a great cookie when you don't have a lot of time.  I also like them because they are a sugar cookie but without the frosting.  Marcus hates frosting, so naked cookies work better for us.  Try these and let me know what you think.

Easy Cake Cookies

1 cake mix (any kind will work, but for these I used a Funfetti Cake mix)
1/4 cup of oil
1/4 cup of water
1 egg

Throw all this stuff in your mixer and mix until just combined.  Sometimes the batter is a little thin and I add a little flour until it looks like it will be stiff enough to roll into a ball.

Roll the dough into 1 inch balls.  Dip the top of each ball in nonpareils (decorative balls) or jimmies (aka sprinkles).  Bake at 350 for 15 minutes on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.  



No comments:

Post a Comment