Monday, March 28, 2011

Kiddie Kitchens - One down...

It’s a big day.  I’m delivering my first custom made kitchen today to a wonderful lady named Cocheiska.  She is buying it for her little girl Dylan’s birthday, and has been so sweet as I struggle through the process of making something for someone other than my kids!

It’s a strange feeling to me to be paid for something I’ve made, and I have beating myself up for all it’s imperfections.  But she assures me that it’s not supposed to be perfect, and that’s part of the charm of buying handmade.  She has offered advice, and has even offered to photograph my work in a commercial studio to help with sales.  Please take a look at her website and consider patronizing this sweet lady.

Blessings to Cocheiska for being my first customer and for being so flexible, supportive, and kind.

These pictures are terrible, as they were taken in the low lighting of our family room minutes before we loaded into my MV (that’s short for mini-van, and makes it sound cooler).  But hopefully you can see a little of the result.



Now I have 4 additional orders to fulfill.  I can’t wait for garage sale season to start!

On a completely different topic, here are some pictures of the Easter egg sugar cookies we made yesterday.  






Making cookies with Ben is so gross.  He licks the frosting knife in between each spread, so his cookies have to be kept separate from the general cookie population.  Jacob frosts very slow and methodically, and you’d never know a three year old frosted these.  His looked just like mine!  He is just so utterly competent…that’s my Jake.


Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment