Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Trash Picking Tuesday!

Yesterday's lunch hour was spent, once again, at the thrift store. There are quite a few near my job, so I often pass my break by treasure hunting. I don’t always find anything, but yesterday I had a good day! I found these two old metal trays ($1.99 each).


The legs still work, but I think I will end up removing them…I have a project in mind for these. All I need is some black board paint, a couple of coat hooks, some magnets and a bistro marker. Stay tuned!

I found this old doll bed for $5.99. Jake and Ben are recently obsessed with their stuffed animals (Mr. Miagi the Doggy, his little brother Daniel-san, and their friend Boy). I thought they’d like to have this little bed to put them in at night. I will paint it, and then sew a little mattress, blanket, and pillow for it. Check back later to see the results.





I also found a bag-o-junk on one of the end caps ($3.99). What caught my eye were these little tin cookie cutters.



They are just like the ones my Grandmother has, and has had for probably 50 years. What’s really great is that there were two sets in the bag, so I can give one to my sister, who will also recognize them from our days in our Grandmother’s kitchen. We always used these to make gingerbread cookies at Christmas. We never thought it odd to make Christmas cookies in the shape of diamonds, clubs, spades, and hearts! Maybe I’ll make some gingerbread cookies with these. Are you allowed to make gingerbread in February?

Also in the bag-o-junk were 3 sets of tongs and some prep bowls (always useful), and some clip magnets, which will come in handy for the aforementioned tray project. There are some things in there I can’t identify. They might end up right back at the ARC in someone else’s bag-o-junk.

That’s it for today’s adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment