Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Fair Bags 2011

In my previous post, I mentioned that some of my cousins were in town to visit, and while they were here, we went to the fabric store to pick out fabric for a little purse we were all going to have for our annual get-together at the Eastern Idaho State Fair.  Each person picked their fabrics, cut out the pattern, pressed it, and attached the lining.  After that weekend, I had about 6 weeks to sew all 16 bags together.

This was a very simple pattern, which you can buy here.  Aside from the cutting (my least favorite part) each bag takes about 30-40 minutes to assemble.  Here's how they all came out!

2 comments:

  1. so stinkin' cute! Hmmm... this is looking like a do-able Christmas craft even... well, y'know, assuming I can find one day I'm not running kids to band/dance/scouts/church :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This are SO cute!!! I'm pretty sure I would sew anything for anyone if they would just cut out their own fabric ;) Good call!! Oh, and I love the little boy hand in the sixth picture, too. ;) You're so talented!!

    ReplyDelete